Here are few tips that will allow you to perform a smart search on Confluence to get your desired results:
- A quick keyboard shortcut – Press “g” then “g” on your keyboard and then enter your search term.
- OR Search – To search for content that contains one of the terms
Tea OR Coffee
- AND Search – To search for content that contains both the terms
Tea AND Coffee
- NOT Search – To search for content that contains certain term (such as “Tea” ) but not the other term (such as “Coffee”)
Tea NOT Coffee
- Date Range Search – To search for content created or modified within a certain date range, using the created or modified keywords. The date stamps are in numeric ‘yyyymmdd’ format
created:[20000101 TO 20131231]
modified:[20000101 TO 20131231]
- Wild card Search – You can use one or more wildcard characters in your search and place them anywhere in the search string, except at the very beginning.
- Label Search: search directly for a label by using labelText:prefix. For example If you want to search for content with label ‘WCM’ type:
If you want to learn more Searching Techniques, check out Confluence Documentation for Search Syntax